ISTQB®: International Software Testing Qualifications Board (www.istqb.org) is a non-profit association, founded in 2002 with its operational headquarters in Belgium.
ISTQB® has its own constitution, rules and regulations regulated by Belgian law.
The organisation is composed of volunteer international testing experts and is responsible for the “ISTQB® Certified Tester” scheme worldwide.
ISTQB® is the world’s leading organisation for Software Testing Certification
Gaining certifications with ISTQB provides the following individual benefits for professional development:
- International recognition of acquired competencies and skills
- Authorised to use “Certified Tester” logo (specifying the level of certification)
- Whole career path support, from Foundation to Expert level
- Transferable skills
ISTQB® certification can provide a competitive advantage for companies, promising a higher level of reliability of the applications being developed due to efficient and cost effective testing practices derived from the ISTQB® competencies.
Consulting companies with certified staff can offer higher-level services to customers, increasing revenues and brand values.
Employees can also benefit with ISTQB® certification when seeking their next assignment or project internally through transferable skills and consistent terminology
- ISTQB® promote the value of software testing as a profession to individuals and organizations.
- ISTQB® help software testers to be more efficient and effective in their work, through the certification of competencies.
- ISTQB® enable testers to progress their career through a Professional Code of Ethics and a multi-level certification pathway that provides them with the skills and knowledge they need to fulfil their growing responsibilities and to achieve increased professionalism.
- ISTQB® continually advance the Testing Body of Knowledge by drawing on the best available industry practices and the most innovative research, and we make this knowledge freely available to all.
- ISTQB® set the criteria for accrediting training providers, to ensure consistent delivery of the Body of Knowledge, worldwide.
- ISTQB® regulate the content and coverage of exam questions, the examination process, and the issuing of certifications by official examination bodies.
- ISTQB® are committed to expanding software testing certifications around the world, by admitting member boards into the ISTQB®. These boards adhere to the constitution, bylaws, and processes defined by the ISTQB®, and participate in regular audits.
- ISTQB® nurture an open international community, committed to sharing knowledge, ideas, and innovations in software testing. We foster relationships with academia, government, media, professional associations and other interested parties.
- ISTQB® foster relationships with academia, government, media, professional associations and other interested parties
- ISTQB® provide a reference point against which the effectiveness of testing services can be evaluated, by maintaining our prominence as a respected source of knowledge in software testing.
ISTQB® VALUE CHAIN
ISTQB® operates through a General Assembly, an Executive Committee and a number of Working Groups (WGs).
ISTQB® ECO SYSTEM
ISTQB WORKING GROUPS
The development of ISTQB® is facilitated by international working groups for the cooperative design of syllabi, exam rules, processes, etc.The ISTQB® Working Groups ensure the development and the spread of the knowledge according to the most up-to-date needs of the profession.
Each working group is composed by many members from the different Boards around the world and is lead by a Chair and a Vice Chair
More details of the current working group chairs can be found here
WORKING GROUP STRUCTURE