UK and Ireland Testing Board collects personal data, in order to carry out its functions as an Industry Body, provide candidate services and comply with certain statutory obligations. All personal data items are treated with the utmost confidentiality and with appropriate levels of security. This Policy describes our data protection procedures. Please review it carefully.
Personal Data Processed
The following is a broad description of the way UKITB processes personal information.
Reasons/purposes for processing information
UKITB process personal information to enable us to promote our goods and services, develop new services, to maintain our accounts and records and to support and manage our staff.
Type/classes of information processed
We process information relevant to the above reasons and purposes. This may include:
- personal details
- education details
- goods or services provided
Who the information is processed about
- exam candidates
- customers and clients
- suppliers and services providers
- complainants and enquirers
Who the information may be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual them self and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA).
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. When this is needed information is only shared within the European Economic Area (EEA). Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all aspects of the data protection act.
How We Use Personal Data
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- Transactions. We use personal data to complete transactions and respond to your requests.
- Communications. We use personal data to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Except as permitted by law, we will not use your personal data for marketing purposes without your prior authorisation.
- Conducting our business. We use personal data to perform analysis audits and to develop new products, enhance, improve and modify our services, identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and continue to operate and expand our business activities.
- Research. We may use your personal data for research and analytics purposes, but only according to and as allowed by law.
- Other. We use personal data for other purposes specifically disclosed at the time when we collect your personal data.
How We Protect Your Privacy
We understand the importance of protecting your personal data. We restrict access to your personal data to authorised UKITB directors who need that information for legitimate purposes. We maintain technical, physical and administrative safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of your personal data. Our Data Controller monitors how we follow the policies and procedures and educates our organisation on this important topic.
Your Individual Rights
You have the following rights regarding the personal data that we collect and/or maintain about you
- Right to access your personal data. You may ask to access any personal data we maintain about you.
- Right to correct your personal data. You have the right to ask us to correct your personal data contained in our electronic or paper records if you believe it is inaccurate. If we determine that the personal data is inaccurate, we will correct it if permitted by law.
Actions You May Take
If you have questions about your privacy rights, or wish to request access to or correction of your data, you can contact us at the following address or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
UK and Ireland Testing Board 115b Drysdale Street, Hoxton, London, N1 6ND.
Policy Availability and Duration
Policy availability. A copy of this policy is available for you to view, print and/or download on our website.
Right to change terms of this policy. We may change the terms of this policy at any time. If we change this policy, we will update the policy on our website and, if you are enrolled in a UKITB database at that time, we will send you the new policy, as required. In addition, you can obtain a copy of the new policy upon request when you email email@example.com
Effective date. This policy is effective as of 11thApril 2017, this policy was last updated on 11th April 2017.